Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The wind smelled of wildflowers...


I went up to Mt. Rainier on a week ago with my mom. The wildflowers were all in bloom, and being neither of us
 had been hiking at this particular time, we decided to go for it. We hiked all around Paradise. Every breath you
 took smelled of sweet wild flowers. It was truly magical...








We saw a couple of deer (nothing like the wildlife we saw at Glacier).


We checked out the lodge at Paradise. I particularly enjoyed the flora-themed lanterns that hung above the beams.
After our hike we drove back down the mountain a ways where we had a picnic dinner at our favorite river spot. 
I like it because you have to cross glacial river rapids on a log...Mom always gets uneasy for the same reason.



This was our dinner view.

I made sandwiches from the salmon leftover from the previous night's dinner.

Not bad, Mt. Rainier, not bad at all. It is rare that I spend time in two glorious national parks in one month.
Mt. Rainier has always been special because I grew up with it, but Glacier National Park might have it beat.
If you live in the area, you should head up to Mt. Rainier because the flowers are still blooming and it shouldn't be missed!

It's hard to pick parks, isn't it? What's your favorite park?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...